Kissimmee’s first public library, Hart Memorial Library was built in 1910 by Mrs. Catherine S. Hart, widow of first Republican Governor, Ossian B. Hart. The building as a post office and a bookstore. Mrs. Hart donated to the Presbyterians lots on which to build a church.The two lots on which the Hart Memorial Library was built were donated by her sister, Miss Campbell of Morristown, New Jersey, for construction of a chapter house for the Kissimmee Woman’s Club. Also used as an early home for groups such as the American Women’s League. It was razed in 1986 to make room for the city communications center.